With the intro to Fall and holiday parties (hello, UGGS ) everyone needs a dessert recipe within arms reach! I adore Snickerdoodles, Jesse adores baking + Fall adores 🎃; the solution-Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies!
- 3 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 Tsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1. Whisk together flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice (set aside)
- 2. In mixer cream butter, sugar, brown sugar just to combine, not until fluffy
- 3. Add in egg yolk, pumpkin & vanilla
- 4. With mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients until well combined
- 5. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour
- 6. Preheat oven to 350°
- 7. Mix together the rest of the sugar, cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl
- 8. Roll dough into desired size ball, roll dough ball into sugar mixture coating all over
- 9. Place on baking sheet 2 in. apart & bake until slightly under done (roughly 12 min)
- 10. Enjoy!
- For Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: omit rolling the dough balls in the sugar mixture, instead add in chocolate chips after step 4.
If there is anything to be thankful for this Fall it’s Jesse + these cookies! 🙏
hungry Thankful, Dallas.