Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar Introduces New Summer Menu Items
We started the meal off on the right
foot wheel! Lazy Dog’s “Street Corn Wheels” were out of this world! 🌎 Farm fresh sweet corn, seasoned, and thrown on the grill, then slathered in our lime-spiked garlic sauce, topped with queso blanco, Tajin and fresh micro-cilantro, these are sure to make your head spin! ☸ (These even inspired us to make a similar casserole at home!)
- Street Corn Wheels
- Ceviche + Chips
- Made from scratch with mahi mahi, shrimp, sweet peppers, red onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, and cilantro, marinated in lemon and lime juices and served with smashed avocado and housemade tortilla chips
- Grilled Cheese Sticks & Slow-Cooked Tomato Soup
- Our creamy, rich tomato soup is made from scratch using a family recipe with San Marzano tomatoes, roasted red peppers, milk and fresh basil topped with our housemade herb croutons – served with Cheddar, garlic-parmesan grilled cheese strips for dipping
Of the new Summer entrees, we first opted for the “BBQ Bison Meatloaf”; All-natural Durham Family Ranch grass-raised Wyoming Bison, seasoned with Worcestershire, fresh herbs, BBQ sauce, garlic, and onions, wrapped in bacon, cooked until golden brown, and served with housemade red skin potato mash, sautéed spinach and crispy haystack onions. Meatloaf wrapped in bacon and seasoned with BBQ sauce, who could resist (except maybe a vegetarian, sorry guys!). This was honestly one of the best meatloaf’s I have had this year. Delizioso!
- BBQ Bison Meatloaf
The second Summer entree the table ordered was the “Summer Squash & Bacon Pizza”; Zucchini and yellow squash, Portobello mushrooms, smoked bacon, creamy housemade pesto, pine nuts, sweety drop peppers, feta, mozzarella and fresh basil. This pie was superb! While I didn’t quite pickup on the bacon, the vegetables were fresh & full of vibrant flavor. Honestly I wouldn’t mind this pizza without the meat-either way this is the perfect Summer-fresh pie. 🍕
- Summer Squash & Bacon Pizza
- Grilled Portabello Burger
- A whole portobello mushroom cap seasoned and tossed in our housemade olive oil and balsamic marinade, served with sundried tomato hummus, tomato, red onion and field greens on a toasted multigrain whole wheat bun [520 calories]
To top-off the meal we sampled the “Peach Crumble” and “Key Lime Cheesecake”. If these two aren’t the definition of “Summer”, I don’t know what is. For Crumble fans Lazy Dog serves a top-notch “Peach Crumble”! Warm peaches topped with brown sugar and cinnamon oat crumble, baked until golden brown & served with a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, this is the ideal combination as it flirts with the edge of guilt-free.
Even more “Summery” is the “Key Lime Cheesecake”; Made from scratch with our graham cracker crust, topped with our key lime glaze and housemade whipped cream, fresh lime zest and a freshly baked key lime cookie. While I’m not a cheesecake fan, I was a fan of this. Maybe it was the heavy presence of lime or the “whipped” texture of the cheesecake-ironically enough I favored this over the crumble. 💯
- Watermelon Margarita
- Milagro Silver Tequila, Dekuyper watermelon schnapps, fresh watermelon and salt rim
- Peaches + Moonshine
- Stillhouse Moonshine, sweet peaches, cranberry juice, Dekuyper Peach Schnapps, housemade ginger beer and mint
- Smoke Shine & Sour
- Stillhouse Moonshine, Montelobos Mezcal, housemade sweet & sour, sweet peaches, black cherries and a dash of bitters
- Strawberry French Toast
- Made to order, topped with our warm, housemade strawberry compote and fresh whipped cream
Whether you’re looking for brunch, lunch or dinner-Lazy Dog has mastered their menu for every occasion. ✔️🍴
hungry Lazy, Dallas.
ABOUT LAZY DOG RESTAURANT & BAR Inspired by the lifestyle of the Rocky Mountains, where founder Chris Simms spent much of his childhood, Lazy Dog offers the perfect environment for a quick weeknight dinner, a meandering meal with old friends or a big night out. The first Lazy Dog restaurant opened in the Huntington Beach area in 2003 and showcased an eclectic menu of memorable family favorites reinterpreted with bold new flavors and served with small-town hospitality. Open daily for lunch and dinner with a full bar program that includes specialty cocktails and a wide selection of craft beers, Lazy Dog is also a perfect happy hour or game day destination. Lazy Dog currently has 17 locations in California, Nevada and Texas. For more information, visit www.lazydogrestaurants.com.
(Disclosure: my trip to Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar was comped for this piece. All opinions are my own.)