New lunch, dinner and cocktail offerings now available at Plano restaurant
Mexican Sugar Cocina y Cantina has become one of the most popular restaurants in Plano thanks to its use of local ingredients, fresh fish and wood-fired grill – with every dish and cocktail handmade from scratch.
As summer approaches, the innovative chefs at Mexican Sugar are rolling out a new menu that further showcases the concept’s commitment to fresher, lighter and better Latin cuisine.
These exciting lunch dishes highlight some new daytime offerings–
- Shrimp Avocado & Lime Salad – grilled shrimp, mixed greens, piquillo peppers, corn, grape tomatoes, avocado, queso fresco, tortilla crisps, cilantro lime vinaigrette
- Pescado Tacos – adobo marinated snapper, avocado spread, kale, apple slaw, pickled onion, mojo vinaigrette, mayo crema, mango pico, micro cilantro, hibiscus tortilla
- Roasted Chicken Enchiladas – brassas chicken, manchego cheese, queso blanco, salsa verde, salsa roja, pico de gallo, heirloom black beans, cilantro rice
- Mesquite Grilled Steak Enchiladas – skirt steak, manchego cheese, chimichurri, mango-tomato pico, salsa verde, salsa roja, heirloom black beans, cilantro-lime rice
- Lump Crab Enchiladas – gulf crab, roasted corn, queso fresco, pico de gallo, poblano crema, salsa roja, heirloom black beans, cilantro-lime rice
- Torta Ahogada– pork carnitas, black bean puree, avocado spread, pickled red onion, cilantro, crispy baguette, spicy tomato broth
Other tasty menu additions include–
- Tuna Tiradito – sushi grade tuna, aji amarillo sauce, pomegranate syrup, radish, micro greens, grapefruit
- Gulf Red Snapper Fillet – pan roasted fillet, hearts of palm citrus-fennel salad, pasilla-sherry emulsion
- Bone In Pork Chop – chile brined, slow roast, orange agave butter, jicama slaw
- Mesquite Grilled Salmon – Latin corn succotash, creamy poblano corn
- Skirt Steak – pickled red onions, avocado, queso fresco, roast tomatillo salsa, black bean-hominy & quinoa salad, corn tortilla
- Duck Breast Mole – crispy seared duck breast, mole negro, Latin sweet potato hash, chimichurri, herb oil, toasted sesame seed
Several new handcrafted cocktails will be perfect for cooling off on a hot summer day–
- Flowered Gin & Tonic – Spanish style gin and tonic featuring fresh flowers and South American tonic water
- Basil Limonada – açai berry liqueur, basil, creme de cassis, orange bitters, agave, lemon, soda
- Margarita Granada – Mexican Sugar’s take on a tequila sunrise, with blanco tequila, pomegranate liqueur, firewater, agave, orange juice
- Peruvian Summer – la caravedo pisco, cucumber, mint, lemon, lime, simple syrup, soda
- Jalisco Old Fashioned– avión añejo tequila, ancho reyes, havana bitters, simple syrup
- Strawberry Clasico – served up as a classic daiquiri with rum, strawberry, lime, simple syrup, rhubarb bitters
- Mango Margarita – blanco tequila, fresh mango, lime, agave nectar, mango liqueur
Mexican Sugar redefines Mexican food with its emphasis on fresher, lighter and better Latin cuisine that uses the best possible local ingredients, fresh fish and a live wood grill to create a flavorful menu of “handmade everything.” Its small batch cocktails flow from taps while soft candles and intoxicating Latin rhythms set a warm and sultry tone.
hungry Sugary, Dallas.